Daddy Knows Best

Posted by thekellytang On 7:51 PM


(An old picture of me and my dad, one of my favorites, my first time selling at Crafty Bastards.)

My family and I went to New York yesterday, in celebration of my dad for father's day. We went to his favorite restaurant, Carnegie Deli and as usual it was delicious. We also got a chance to go to the MET for the Alexander McQueen exhibit, I'll be doing a separate post on that soon! :)

For Today's zen monday, I wanted to write a belated Father's Day post in celebration of my Dad! And also a Happy Belated Father's Day to all the father's day out there!


I love my dad so much. And I know his up in heaven looking down at me. And his given me so much in the time that he was with me. I just wanted to list some of the big lessons that my dad left me with:

1. Laugh at yourself! ALWAYS, ALWAYS laugh at yourself. No matter how serious the situation is, laugh, and make it silly.
2. Just pick up the phone and call. I think this is the hardest lessons for me, because its hard for me to just pick up the phone to call someone I love. Its hard because I don't know what to say most of the time. But isn't it better, just to pick up the phone rather than not doing it at all.
3. Take time to eat with family and friends. My dad would plan reunions with his classmates and would plan for lunches and dinners with our family, weekly. The best way to really spend time with friends is over good food, and good conversation, which is the pentacle of my dad's life, and how he touched the lives of many.
4. Face your fears, and just do it. If anything, my dad has taught me that even if your scared to do something new, just walk into and do it.
5. Embrace your uniquness and forget what others think.
6. Treat everyone with respect. No matter who it is, no matter what race, gender, financial background and etc, he treated everyone with genuine respect and kindness.

There are so many things he has taught me, but these are the things that are affecting me more profoundly or are more important to me these days.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a lovely week!




Find me on: Twitter, and Bloglovin

2 Responses to 'Daddy Knows Best'

  1. Catarina said...
    http://thekellytang.blogspot.com/2011/06/daddy-knows-best.html?showComment=1309290953564#c6068336677659442587'> June 28, 2011 at 3:55 PM

    I'm very sorry for your loss. Only time can heal us but we will never forget those more important to us.
    I love the lessons you stated above, they may be simple things but sometimes they're the hardest to do.
    Take care and i'll still be following.
    x

     

  2. Anna said...
    http://thekellytang.blogspot.com/2011/06/daddy-knows-best.html?showComment=1310569350846#c3287164272131339509'> July 13, 2011 at 11:02 AM

    Your dad was a great person. You should be proud of having him as a dad and be happy that you will always have an angel to take care of you.

    p.s. I'm folowing you. kisses

     

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Follow Kelly Tang