As you may or may not know I'm an aspiring fashion designer. I am always reading about successful people in the industry to see how they started and how they run their businesses and giving tips on how to be successful.
There aren't too many blogs that really focus on the designer/ or the behind the scenes look on the fashion industry. I feel because most people are too consumed by the glamour of fashion rather than the reality of it. I'd like to introduce a new blog idea called fashion focus (and sometimes business focus) where I focus on interviews and quotes that really focus on how to be a more successful person or work better in the fashion industry.
This is where Kate Spades creative director: Deborah Lloyd comes in. I was reading Racked's interview here. And she just talks about her story, and how she started from Burberry to Banana Republic and finally to Kate Spade.
She really brings a lot of insight on how the fashion industry works and how to make the best out of it:
- The most important thing is being able to work and cooperate with others:
- "The ones that win are always the ones that find a way to work with the different people, with the partners, or with the clients, it becomes seamless and the product really does fit because of it. So it's all about bringing the right people on board and building the team."
- Always bring your best work and shine!
- But you are only as good as the team you work with "you have to be part of the team, and you have to bring the best people in around you."
- She had focused, and always prepared herself for the next step! (I think it also helped her to write down what she wanted to do next as well)
What do you think of the fashion focus? Do you agree that teamwork is an essential ingredient to fashion or life in general?
Photos from GoogleSearch