The Benefits of Unemployment?

Posted by thekellytang On 2:29 PM
Being unemployed can have its benefits sometimes. Like having more time to dedicate to the things you love, and start up a lot of projects!! :) So here goes a kind of short recap of everything! :) I'm kind of nervous sharing these with you all.. but here goes:


I've always been passionate about crafting and charity and now I've created a website combining the two of these things together. For me these two things come hand and hand, especially when you use your heart and soul to make something out of scratch and turn it into something beautiful and give it to someone who really needs it. In an effort to spread more love, and more awareness of these charities, I am currently organizing a directory of crafting for a cause organizations, as well as shops, and brands that sell goods with all or part of the proceeds going to charity!

This directory is called Craft 4 Good. Right now its an extremely simple website created from blogger with the help of pugly pixel's tutorial on creating a static website. And her amazing freebie graphics, I made some simple graphics and viola, Craft 4 Good has come to life! Its really new. I'm currently compiling the whole directory. Its going to take a while to have a full directory, but I'm hoping with the help of people in the blogosphere and beyond, I can compile a great list for everyone!

I really hope you all will love it, and support it. I just finished making buttons for the site, and a facebook page, so grab a button and like it!! I will keep updates of craft 4 good on this blog as well, since it is going to become a part of my big projects!! :)

Aside from this project, I'm also opening up shop soon(like a month or two hopefully) which is mind-blowing and time consuming. (lol in the most best possible way) But right now I'm developing a collection, collecting ideas, designing and finding some fabrics. Its been one of my goals for a while. And now I really don't have any excuses to open up shop! I'm excited, thrilled and scared, but I think that having a bit of fear is showing your taking a risk and doing something new. :)

Andd also still doing various competitions like the ScrapLab Design: 
 
You can find my two entries here.

And working on another fashion charity project, that will hopefully raise money for some sort of charity or cause but that's just in the planning stages like its still living inside my head right now. haha.

Wow, so its really not that much stuff. Haha, but everything does take a lot more time than expected. And I'm working hard on making better posts on this blog too!! :) This has got to be the longest post I've ever written, but thanks for reading if you've got this far!! :)

Any questions, or comments? I'd love to hear it!!
Oh, and have an amazing weekend! :)




Find me on: Twitter / Bloglovin / Tumblr

5 Responses to 'The Benefits of Unemployment?'

  1. http://thekellytang.blogspot.com/2011/08/benefits-of-unemployment.html?showComment=1313242437363#c4783074357976591562'> August 13, 2011 at 9:33 AM

    yeap, unemployment can be useful but the trick is not to be unemployed for too long.
    love the craft for foodidea.

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside

     

  2. http://thekellytang.blogspot.com/2011/08/benefits-of-unemployment.html?showComment=1313372107871#c1666855146687681819'> August 14, 2011 at 9:35 PM

    I like the design and layout of your blog. Very clean and nice. Great to know that you have time to work on stuff that you love. Nothing beats this feeling, right? ;)

     

  3. Anonymous said...
    http://thekellytang.blogspot.com/2011/08/benefits-of-unemployment.html?showComment=1313372742198#c3643025795766738067'> August 14, 2011 at 9:45 PM

    Being employment or unemployment is about how we manage our time well <3
    Doing projects are always fun!
    Have a happy day!

    ♥ sugarpuff ♥
    Pinkie Anggia ☺
    http://pinkieanggia.tumblr.com

     

  4. Bella HaHay said...
    http://thekellytang.blogspot.com/2011/08/benefits-of-unemployment.html?showComment=1313412000757#c5419478427658306466'> August 15, 2011 at 8:40 AM

    I'm behind you 100% And speaking of creativity, I also run my own e-mag which you can read free online. Perhaps we could re-create something spectacular together :) xx

     

  5. Unknown said...
    http://thekellytang.blogspot.com/2011/08/benefits-of-unemployment.html?showComment=1313413570414#c3594341878038279281'> August 15, 2011 at 9:06 AM

    Thanks so much for your lovely comment and for stopping by my blog!
    Love this post,its so true. I have a part time job,but im off for summer break from uni,so Im bit of a bum at the moment! But having all this time on my hands,means I can develop my blog,and Im loveing it.
    You have a new follower! Hope your having a lovely day.
    billiejean44.blogspot.com

     

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Follow Kelly Tang